Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My First Stop

    Olá from Lisbon, Portugal! I had a great time in Portugal. I met a lot of unique people. Lisbon, Portugal is located at Latitude 38° 42', North, and Longitude: 9° 08'. There are 7 main regions in Portugal. Azores and Madeira, which are Islands, and 5 other regions called Porto and North, Coimbra and Central, Lisbon, Alentejo, and finally, Algarve . Portugal has a unique language that makes it different than a lot of countries(portuguese). Portugal exports copper and wood, mainly. They also export food, cheese, and wine. Portugal has all four seasons. All of the crops come from the Southern inland parts of Portugal because it is lush. The Northern parts of Portugal has a higher elevation and mountain range. Copper and tin are found in the Northern part. The coastal regions mainly catch seafood. 
Image at: http://images.supersport.com/Ronaldo-HandsUp-540.jpg

      There are three characteristics that I find appealing at Lisbon. Firstly, I love the sandy, clean beaches. They’re beautiful! Secondly, the food is amazing! I love the seafood. They have all sorts of shellfish and fish. My favorite dish is called grilled prongs. Grilled prongs are basically shrimp. 
Image found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7e7tCn7Bk
Finally, I found out that their official language was Portuguese. I thought that it was an interesting language because only 2 countries in the world speak it as their official language; Brazil and Portugal. 
http://www.lisbonflatrental.com/lisb2cf.gif
                                   
 By the time I leave Portugal, I hope to have had two new experiences. One experience I want to accomplish is to go to a Portuguese soccer game and watch Cristiano Ronaldo play(stadium is at Stop 1). My last experience/understanding i want to accomplish is to watch a bull fight(Stop 2). Veja-o mais tarde! (see you later!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment